Tuesday 11 November 2014

Quote of the Day

'The end of art is peace.'
Seamus Heaney.

Ever since I started studying English, I've always found a connection with poetry. If I had to choose, my favourite poet of all time would have to be Seamus Heaney. When I found out he'd died, I was at Electric Picnic and I went into my tent and cried for a solid half an hour, I was devastated! I think it would have taken me a lot longer to come to the realisation that I love poetry and I'm actually quite good at English had I not been introduced to Heaney's work so early on. I even have a tattoo featuring his last words on my arm, Heaney is my hero. His work will always be very, very special to me and his poems are something I will return to time and time again for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment